Monday, May 30, 2011

Saying Goodbye to the Oprah Show

So as you all know that Oprah's final show after 25 years was 4 days ago on May 25th. I just wanted to take a few moments and say Thank You to the Queen of Daytime.


I am proud to say that I am one of the Oprah children, while I was growing up Oprah was always on at 4pm in my house. My mother was and is an avid Oprah show watcher, she has been watching her since the very beginning. I did not really start
watching the show until about my freshman year in high school about 8 years ago. I would always say to my mother "why are you watching Oprah, she's so boring." But I always remember the sense of warmth and calmness when watching her show and knowing that her show was going to be on everyday at 4pm. Always trying to teach us the views how to be a "you." Never letting a moment go by that wasn't full of some words of wisdom or lesson needed to be taught. She has such grace and dignity about her that I hope to project out to the world one day. She has become such a role model to me over the years. Showing me, that I am enough and that only I can take control of my own life. My life it what I make of it.

Oprah you are the complete package girl. You are what all of us aspire to be,and act like as we grow older. Full of life, sass, wisdom, dignity, and grace. When I think of Oprah the three words that come to mind are kind, giving and ah ha. Thank you for being with us these past 25 years. Living with us, laughing, crying, and growing with us. Can not wait to see what is in store for you next. Im sure it will be spectacular. We Love You Oprah!

xo
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment