Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Apollycon Wrap-up!






Hi readers!

I know it's taken me a while to get this post up. I sincerely apologize, my life has been incredibly busy this past month. But, anyway let's get on to the good stuff shall we!

A couple of weeks ago. I attended the ApollyCon Author Event, that was to celebrate the release of Jennifer L. Armentrout's novel THE RETURN. It is the first novel in her Titan spin-off series! Now this was my first big author event and I had no idea what to expect. So I went with an open mind, and it was so much fun!

Yes, the lines were crazy, and yes there were a lot of people.

But It was a great time to meet some new people, and hang out with some old friends and fellow Carmcats!

Fellow Carmcats, Friends, and Part of the Safe Space Crew! Love you Ladies!
(Photo taken by Krista of Krista's Dust Jackets)

The first night that I got to the hotel I met with some friends, and we all had such a good time. We got lunch and then hung out until we were able to check in both at the hotel and the event. After a while we went to the hotel lobby and hung out some more, waiting for other person's to arrive. The happy hour was hopping!! Our group even made a new friend and her name was Shannon! She fit in with all of us perfectly and it was great meeting her! 

I only wish that I had taken more photos, I blame the said happy hour! HAHA. But we all had a fantastic time, so the lack of photos was totally worth it.

After the happy hour our group group met with some fellow Carmcats for an epic game of Cards Against Humanity! Who knew a night playing card games would be so much fun! 

( Photo by Lindsay, Cora's BFF! )

After our epic game of CAH, we all went to bed a crashed. After all tomorrow was going to be a very busy day! There were lines leading up to the ballroom, as well as in the ballroom! 

The picture below was once you got into the ballroom, the line continued outside and wrapped around a hallway, and into a lobby seating area!

( Photo by Krista of  Krista's Dust Jackets)

Especially to JLA's line, that one took us at least 2 hours to get to and that was after all the VIR time had gone by. They let us back in for a second go at getting to see the authors that we may have missed. The motto for the day between my friends and I was "Divide and Conquer!" And thank goodness we had done that, otherwise I don't think that we would have gotten to everyone.

Drew Leighty (Seth Cover Model) & Jennifer L. Armentrout

I was also able to meet Tessa Bailey, Jay Crownover, Jamie McGuire, Tiffany King, Megan Erickson, and Kristin Proby. As well as friend Cora Carmack! 

By the end of the event I had aquired 10 new books in addition to the 12 that I had brought with me. As well as a whole bunch of Swag! That ended up taking over my entire kitchen table! 

All the Swag


I feel that after this event I shall be prepared to attend any other author event that I attend in the near future! I already have some other events in mind and I could not be more excited!!

It was a crazy fun weekend! I went, I fangirled, and it was AMAZING!!!! 



Thanks so much for stopping by!!! 

Happy Reading!

Kait





No comments:

Post a Comment