Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Monestary Weekend

So a few people have been writing about faith and life in their blogs, and I found it so coincidental as I spent this entire weekend at a Monastery in Brooklyn, NY. Thats why I haven't been able to post any new blogs.


It was the most inspirational and education weekend that I have had in my life. My roommate along with a 18 other people went to NY for training on side walk counciling, but it ended up being so much more. We got to meet an amazing man named Monseigneur Reilly. I swear this man is going to be become a saint. He has done so much in the world, and I don't know how he does it. Just being their for a weekend drained me so much.


When we got there on Friday, we all got to pick out our rooms, and each room was named after a different Saint. It was just the cutest place. Each room had its own sink, all it needed was a shower..lol. Then we would have been set for the whole weekend.


Saturday we went to 7am mass and then we were going to march in front of some medical clinics and pray, we had to leave by 6:20 in the morning. I felt like I was going to die, but I told myself that this was for the babies! That helped a lot when I had to get up at 5am. I ended up only getting a total of 7 hours of sleep this entire weekend, but like I said in the beginning it was totally worth every minute of lost sleep. Weird to say I know, but so true.



Today was very easy going and relaxing. We all hung out during breakfast and went to mass together. I don't go to church very often, but I find that when I go I feel really good about myself, kind of like I am doing something good in world.

This whole weekend got me reflecting about my faith and what it means to me. Like Kim and Amber I have realized that life is to short, that you must live in the present. To take each moment as it comes, and take it with your head held high. That god is always with in each and every step you take not matter how hard things maybe. He never leaves your side, even though it may seem or feel like he is gone. The one thing that I have heard all my life is that, god never gives you anything that you can not handle. Its because he knows that even if maybe difficult you will find the light at the end of the tunnel.



Much Love
<3 Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment