Sunday, July 5, 2009

Boston Part 2


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Independence Day =). I spent the day running errands with my mom. When we got home took a little nap, which was much enjoyable...then went to watch the fireworks with a couple of friend :)

Now on to my trip :)

The 2nd and 3rd days were way more interesting I promise you..ha ha. We did not spend over 6 hours on a bus, and let me tell you I have done long car rides before but for some reason it felt like we would never get there..lol.



Day
2

When
we got up that Thursday the 25th our first stop of the day was Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. We got a tour of the whole place which was really neat, and we learned a lot of little facts about the Sox as well. It was so funny, our entire group was sitting in the press box and our tour guide is trying to see if there are any Red Sox fans and this girl Darcy who I roomed with goes I LOVE the NY Yankee's and everyone knows that they have the biggest rivalry in baseball. It was so hilarious...our tour guide was like Darcy by the end of this tour you and I are going to be great friends...we all could not stop laughing. It was so amazing how much history made up that one stadium. Everyone wanted to go onto the field, but they were getting ready for some charity event so no one was allowed on the field :(. The best part of the tour though was when we got to stand on top of the Green Monster. The Green Monster is this huge wall the Mr. Yawkey who was the last owner of the Red Sox. He had the wall built " To keep the balls in and the freeloaders out." Words by Mr. Yawkey himself..lol.

Then it was off to the New England Aquarium. We were greeted by the penguins, and they are some friendly penguins at that. Our group was taking pictures of them and all of the sudden tw
o penguins start getting frisky with one another. Those penguins were the most talked about exhibit the entire time we were there...haha. This may be nasty, but i managed to get a video of the two penguins and my friend Jenn and I showed it to the assistant director of the choir Dave (he has a very dirty mind) and he started laughing hysterically. Then looking me straight in the eye he said " I never thought I would see that day that Kaitlan Heaton was more wrong then I am!" Omg it was hilarious. That was the most exciting that happened while we were there, on a side note I was able to get a picture of Nemo!! I was so happy, I thought that they weren't going to have him and then towards the end there he was...it took me forever to get a non blurry picture of him. I officially need a new camera(adding that to my bday list).

Then for Lunch we went to this place called Quincy Market and we ate at Cheers. Yes! I said Boston is not only the home of the Boston Red Sox, but also the filming of the wonderful show Cheers! Only a couple of us went there, but we all had a good time. Dave could not stop talking about the wonderful Boston beer that they served there, which apparently is only served in Boston and how Jenn wasn't drinking hers fast enough..haha.

Then we all went back to the hotel for about an hour to rest and get ready for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. The food there was AWESOME!! I encourage everyone to go there and try the macaroni and cheese w/ chicken. It is the BEST Mac n Cheese that I have ever tasted, besides my mom's of course. :) After we ate I went to the gift shop and got my mom and my dad t-shirts and my friend Jess a shot glass to add to her collection.

End of day 2

Day 3

This had to be the best day out of all the days that we were there...we went to Harvard! It was soo neat and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. Just after one glance I was completely hooked, I told the girls that I was with "I want to go to Harvard!" ha ha. The buildings and architecture is Beautiful, even thought they were built so long ago. I think that's what made the c
ampus so appealing you don't see buildings built like them anymore. Call me old fashioned, but I can't help myself! :) We walked in to the church and it was gorgeous, not like the church they have at Lehigh or Villanova University. You have to wait like 10 years to get on thier list. I could be wrong, don't quote me on it or anything. They have the biggest library that I have ever seen! We all wanted to go inside and check it out, but you needed a key card. I told all the girls that we should have waited and pretended that we forgot out key card. They weren't up for that..lol.

After touring the camp
us we walked around the square a little bit and looked at all of the cute shops. We walked in this one particular shop that was called Curious George and when you see a shop with that name you just have to go in. It was was filled with a lot of cool stuff. I ended up finding a book that my mom used to read me all the time before bed Good Night Moon. When I saw it I just had to get it, my mom laughed when I showed it to her and she was like "do you know how many copies of this I had to buy?" It was a nice trip down memory lane.

For lunch we all went to this Chinese restaurant and my friend Julie me up with us just as soon as we started putting in our order. I felt really bad because we were supposed to have a least an hour to hang out, but since our room that we were supposed to be practicing in before our concert the next day we had to leave early. Despite that I was glad she came to meet us anyway, even though she only had an hour. She even brought me a present, a t-shirt from her school Boston University.

Then for our final stop of the day we went to this place called Tanglewood. We saw a show done by the Emerson
Quartet. I am not one for classical music, but these guys were stupendous. I didn't fall asleep once, gotten eaten alive by mosquito's but sleep i did not. I was recording a little bit of the show to post for you guys and as I was recording this who hairy black mosquito landed straight on my hand and you can see at the end of the video the camera goes crazy because I just had to slap the bug. After that I felt itchy everyone that went was swatting at them. Since the whole back of the theatre was open all of the bugs flew in, the ushers were even spraying people with big spray it got so bad. I must admit though myself and the other girls were cracking up because all you would see was one of us suddenly swat at something or scream and you couldn't help but laugh...ha ha.

Part 3 coming up next!

xOxO
Kait


1 comment:

  1. Now you're really seeing my city!! Fenway is perhaps the most glorious and sacred place for Bostonians. Glad you got a chance to see it! The grad school I went to is in Harvard Square...good times! Glad you're having a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete