Friday, May 29, 2009

Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream

I know I have been completely neglecting this blog, but I was reading the blog that was created for Galeotti's, which is a restaurant that is being redone by Bethany Joy Galeotti (Haley) and her family.

In on of her entries she made the delicious looking Earl Grey cupcakes, so I decided to make them and try out the recipe since I love baking new things. Not to mention that you can never go wrong with cupcakes..haha. They are some of the best cupcakes that I have ever tasted. Although instead of having a milk & honey frost I made a lemon butter cream instead.

So I thought that I would share the recipe with ya'll!

Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp. Earl Grey tea (I used 1 bag and didn’t measure. I might add more next time.)

Preheat the oven to 350. Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are thoroughly combined before adding the next one. Mix together the dry ingredients, including the tea. Beat in half of the dry mixture with the wet, then add the milk and the rest of the dry mixture, stirring until just combined. Line the cupcake pan with 12 cups and fill them about two-thirds full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
Lemon Buttercream

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups icing sugar
  • zest of one lemon
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice

Cream butter, then add the icing sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the lemon zest, juice and beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cupcakes.

Hope you all go and make yourself some delicious cupcakes

Enjoy!!

XOXO
Kait

p.s. I got the recipe from patentandthepantry.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment