Monday, May 11, 2009

Sharing a Memory...

So in honor of Mother's Day, I would like to share with you one of my favorite memories that I have with my mom.

ok where to start...lol

It was during the summer that I became a freshman in high school. I had been talking to my mom about joining the Color guard of the band. For those of you who are not sure what the color guard is, we are the flags, rifles, and sabre's that are on the field in the colorful uniforms..lol.

This particular day was an important one because it was the first summer practice of the season. My mom had to work that day, but promised that she would be home in time to take me. Well, lets just say that things did not go according to plan for my mom at work that day.

Practice started a 5:30pm, and it was rolling on 5:15pm. Naturally I am at home pacing back and forth freaking out about being late to the first practice. I even started hyperventilating before my mom got home, because I had worked myself into such a tizzy.

See back then, and mostly today I don't like being late when first starting something new. Especially when I don't know anyone, I can be a very shy person when it comes to new people and places. My friends and family would tell you otherwise, but it is soo true.

Anyway...So its after 5:30pm when my mom finally gets home, and by that time I was like I am soo not going to this practice. Everyone is already going to be there and I am going to look like a total idiot walking in late. I'll just join next year. When I said this my mother looked at me and said " If you are constantly putting stuff off because you are afraid to try new things you will get no where in life. You are going to that practice." With that being said she proceeded to walk to the car dragging me with her in protest.

I have told my mother this a thousand times, but I am so glad and appreciative to her for dragging me to that practice. It turned out that I knew a lot of the girls that were there so it made going late not that much of a big deal, and I ended up being apart of the guard though all 4 years of high school. I truly believe that the times I had with the band and the guard were the best times of high school. There are so many inside jokes, that even now a junior in college still remember and laugh at. If it had not been for her I never would have met such wonderful people, and made great friends. I am so appreciative to her for that experience.

Sooo....

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY to all of the wonderful mother's in the world :)


Much Love,
<3 Kait

p.s. I would love to hear how everyone spent their mother's day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment